| Practice Description: |
Ms. Grund is a Partner with Grund & Leavitt. She concentrates her practice in the field of family and matrimonial law. Melissa Grund primarily represents clients in dissolution of marriage proceedings involving complex financial issues, corporate valuations, non-marital asset protection, and child custody disputes.
Melissa is a fierce, yet compassionate, strategic advocate with experience both amicably resolving and litigating sophisticated, multi-faceted matters. Melissa has been recognized by her peers as a natural collaborator who skillfully and passionately represents her clients without unnecessary confrontation.
Prior to receiving her J.D./M.B.A, Ms. Grund worked at Starcom Mediavest Group, a subsidiary of Leo Burnett USA, representing clients such as Disney and McDonalds in their advertising and media needs.
Year of Birth: 1978
Law School: Northwestern University School of Law and the Kellogg School of Management, J.D./M.B.A., 2006
Undergraduate School: University of Michigan, B.B.A. Finance and Marketing, 2000
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement: Magna cum laude
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Standard Club
- J.U.F. Young Lawyers Group
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - Next Generation Board (Co-Chair)
- Museum of Contemporary Art
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- 40 Under 40 Attorneys to Watch 2014, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012-2015
- Emerging Lawyer, Leading Lawyers Magazine, 2015-present