| Practice Description: |
As founder of Glasgow & Olsson, Thomas T. Glasgow is committed to representing clients in Schaumburg, Illinois, as well as in McHenry, Lake, DuPage and Cook counties. He focuses his practice on civil litigation, administrative law and criminal law defense cases that involve drug trafficking charges, aggravated felony DUI and DUI/DWI defense.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Mississippi, Mr. Glasgow went on to receive a Juris Doctor in 1994 on scholarship from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology. While in law school, he made the dean’s list and participated in national trial competitions.
With more than two decades of experience, Mr. Glasgow is known for aggressively advocating on behalf of his clients, whether he is defending someone facing criminal charges or helping an entrepreneur launch a business. Local and national media, including the Cable News Network and FOX News Network, LLC, have sought Mr. Glasgow for his legal opinion on current events. For his achievements, he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating.
A published author, Mr. Glasgow is active in the legal community.. He has also taught seminars for The Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation.
Mr. Glasgow is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
U.S. District Court
Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar), 1994
U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar), 2011
U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois (including Trial Bar), 2011
7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 1994
U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
Year of Birth: 1967
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Adjunct Professor of Leadership, Concordia University, 2017-present
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Chief of Medical Division, 1998-1999
- Cook County State's Attorney, 1994-1998, including Felony Review, 1997-1998, Narcotics Division, 1995-1997, Juvenile Division, 1994, and Traffic Division, 1994
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Felonies and Misdemeanors and DUI Criminal Defense, 2018
- Superior DUI Attorney, National Advocacy for DUI Defense (NAFDD), 2015
- Programs Volunteer of the Year, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, 2015
- American Academy of Trial Lawyers Premier 100, 2015
- Nation's Top One Percent - National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Ten Best Criminal Law Firms in Illinois, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2015
- Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Public Service Award, Pro Bono Service Award, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2009
Metropolis Performing Arts Center
Northwest Community Hospital
Village of Arlington Heights
Zoning Board of Appeals
Mayor Pro Tem
Published Legal Writing:
Author, Ch. 13: "Aggravated DUI," "Defending DUI and Related Cases," Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2006-present
Editor, "A Citizen's Guide to Illinois Concealed Carry, Firearms Professional Training, Inc.," 2015
"Concealed Carry Law in Illinois," Illinois State Bar Association instructor
"Defending DUI and Related Cases," "Concealed Carry in Illinois," "Medical Marijuana: Its Uses and Regulation in Illinois," Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2007-present
Health Care Investigator Training, Department of Professional Regulation instructor
"School Law and Policies," graduate course adjunct professor, Concordia University
When it comes to family law and criminal matters, it is in your best interest to find an experienced advocate with the capacity to understand your situation and work on your behalf.
At Glasgow & Olsson, our experienced lawyers have the knowledge and skill to resolve your criminal defense or family matter efficiently and with your goals in mind. Whether you are facing a misdeameanor criminal charge, such as shoplifting, or a major felony, our attorneys provide aggressive representation when it matters most.
Likewise, we are accomplished in representing families in divorce, child custody, property division, and other matters which affect the family dynamic. Family law can often be a contentious area with major repercussions for those involved. The attorneys at Glasgow & Olsson are adept at negotiating your family law matter in order to seek a clear resolution, but if necessary, we will bring our aggressive trial litigation experience to court for you.