| Practice Description: |
Mr. Huber concentrates his practice in personal injury, products liability, wrongful death and workers' compensation cases. He has pursued numerous cases to verdict in the United States District Court and the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County as well as surrounding jurisdictions such as Lake, Will, DuPage, Kane, Stephenson, Rock Island, Whiteside and Kane counties. In addition, he has argued in the Appellate Court of Illinois. Some of his recent significant cases are:
Mr. Huber has been lead counsel in several jury cases in Cook County and many arbitration hearings. He serves as an arbitrator in various matters including insurance disputes. He was voted one of "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" by The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Chraca v. Miles
Godinez v. Town of Cicero
C.C. v. Ledraplastic
P.L. v. Christ Hospital
Kakidas v. Dean Foods
Year of Birth: 1968
Law School: Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1993
Undergraduate School: University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, 1990.
The Healy Law Firm, 1993-present
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America/American Association for Justice (ATLA/AAJ)
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company's 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch
- Leading Lawyers Member selected by peers in Personal Injury Law: General and Personal Injury Law: Transportation Including FELA & Maritime
Published Legal Writing:
- "Sunshine in Litigation," Illinois Bar Journal
- Chapter on "Intersection Collisions," Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Mr. Huber lectures at Illinois Trial Lawyers Association seminars.
At Healy Scanlon Law Firm, we take the safety of others as a serious concern. This concern shows not only in the types of cases we handle, but also in the things we do when we are not in the courtroom. Our Chicago law firm focuses on serious personal injury cases involving products liability, motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents and nursing home neglect. We are very proud of our results. Our attorneys have obtained numerous multimillion-dollar recoveries for our clients, including several verdicts and settlements over $20 million. Our cases have also helped to get dangerous consumer products off the market and held interstate trucking companies accountable when they put profits ahead of safety.