| Practice Description: |
David W. Inlander is a principal and co-managing partner of Fischel & Kahn Ltd., and also heads the litigation department.
His practice focuses on complex family law, civil, chancery, trust, and probate litigation. He has mediated numerous matters and has resolved matrimonial disputes through cooperative, collaborative, and mediation approaches.
Mr. Inlander is a past president of the Chicago Chapter of the American Jewish Committee and a member of the national AJC Board of Governors, where he holds the post of National and International Chairman of the Interreligious Affairs Commission. In that role, Mr. Inlander has had two private audiences with Pope Francis. Mr. Inlander also addressed the AJC Global Forum 2014 in Washington, D.C. As Chair of AJC's Interreligious Affairs Commission, he participated as a speaker during the Interreligious Observance in memory of Cardinal George on April 22, 2015.
Mr. Inlander once again has been selected by Leading Lawyers as one of 2015's top five percent of attorneys in Illinois in the area of Family Law.
In addition, in 2015 Mr. Inlander was honored as an Illinois Super Lawyer®, selected by his peers as one of the top five percent of the profession in the area of general litigation. Super Lawyers® named Mr. Inlander one of the top 100 general litigation attorneys in the State of Illinois.
Mr. Inlander holds an AV-Preeminent® rating with Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence in ethical standards and legal ability.
From 2009 to the present, Mr. Inlander has been selected to serve as a lay representative on the ISBA Bench and Bar Section Council, where he chairs the Professional Ethics Subcommittee.
Mr. Inlander is also a member of the Chicago-based Managing Partners Roundtable.
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Federal Trial Bar
Year of Birth: 1951
Law School: Loyola University of Chicago, J.D., 1975
Law School Honors/Involvement: With honors; Note and Comment Editor, Loyola Law Journal
Undergraduate School: Vanderbilt University and University of Illinois, B.A., 1972
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement: Cum laude
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Highest Rating
- Illinois Super Lawyer ® selected by peers in General Litigation and Family Law
- Leading Lawyers Member selected by peers in Family Law
Published Legal Writing:
- "Lawyer shopping as a sword: It's time to stop this abuse," co-author, ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, volume 45, no. 4, October 2014
- "'Strive Mightily': some Thoughts on Civility and the Illinois Bar, co-author, ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, volume 43, no. 9, May 2013
- "Deposition Advocacy: A Step Too Far?" co-author, ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, volume 42, no. 5, May 2012
- "Perception v. Reality: Money in Judicial Elections," co-author, ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, March 2011
- "When can a judge judge whether a judge can judge? In Re The Estate of Mary Ann Wilson, 238 Ill.2d 519 (2010)," co-author, ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, vol. 41, no. 6, June 2011
- "Civility and Professionalism in 2015," Illinois State Bar Association Bench & Bar Section, Chicago-Kent College of Law, April 2015
- "Civility and Professionalism in 2013," Illinois State Bar Association Bench & Bar Section, Loyola University Chicago, April 2013
- "Recent Trends in Discovery: Pitfalls of IL SCR 216 Requests to Admit," Illinois State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education FEST, Chicago, IL, June 2010