3Robert E. HamiltonChicago(312) email@example.com@htl-law.comHamilton Thies & Lorch LLPwww.htl-law.comwww.htl-law.comhamiltonrobert.jpgTax Law: IndividualTrust, Will & Estate Planning Law|
|Recommended by peers in:|
|Tax Law: Individual|
|Trust, Will & Estate Planning Law|
| Advisory Board Member|
| County: Cook|
| Practice Description: |
Robert E. Hamilton concentrates his practice in estate planning, business succession planning, and wealth preservation. His practice also involves matters pertaining to real estate and corporate transactions, including planning for the closely held business enterprise in the context of the larger estate and trust and estate litigation. He was a partner in the estate planning group of Wildman Harrold Allen & Dixon LLP, a Chicago firm where he worked for more than 25 years.
Every year since 2005, Mr. Hamilton has been named a Super Lawyer® by Law and Politics and the publishers of Chicago Magazine, and in 2006 was named one of the "Top 100 Super Lawyers." He also was named one of the "Leading Illinois Attorneys" by the American Research Corporation in 1997. Mr. Hamilton received his J.D. in 1975 from the Georgetown University Law Center and his bachelor's degree, cum laude, in 1972 from the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts.
Mr. Hamilton is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and past chair of the estate and gift tax division of the Federal Tax Committee for the Chicago Bar Association. He taught estate and gift tax planning at the DePaul University School of Law from 1992 to 1997. He has lectured frequently for the Chicago Bar Association, the National Business Institute, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), and the Chicago Estate Planning Council, and he has written extensively about estate and tax planning. Mr. Hamilton was a director of IICLE for many years and served as Chairman of the Board of Directors in 2003-2004.
Date of Birth: 1950
Law School: Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1975
Undergraduate School: College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1972
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement: Cum laude
- Hamilton Thies & Lorch LLP, partner
- Wildman Harrold Allen & Dixon LLP, partner
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Chicago Bar Association
- Federal Tax Committee
- Estate and Gift Tax Division
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE)
- Adjunct Professor, DePaul University School of Law, 1992-1997
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- The Austin Fleming Distinguished Service Award from the Chicago Estate Planning Council
- The Addis E. Hull Award for career-long excellence in continuing legal education from the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Illinois Super Lawyers®, "Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers"
- Listed, "Leading Illinois Attorneys," The American Research Corporation
- Leading Lawyers Member selected by peers in Tax Law: Individual and Trust, Will & Estate Planning Law
*Mr. Hamilton has lectured frequently for the Chicago Bar Association, the National Business Institute, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), and the Chicago Estate Planning Council.
Map to Office:
Click here to view map