3Alexander R. DomanskisChicago(312) email@example.com@boodlaw.comBoodell & Domanskis LLCwww.boodlaw.comwww.boodlaw.comdomanskisalexr.jpgClosely & Privately Held Business LawLand Use, Zoning & Condemnation LawADR Law: Commercial Real Estate, Environmental & ConstructionReal Estate Law: CommercialReal Estate Law: Finance|
|Recommended by peers in:|
|Closely & Privately Held Business Law|
|Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation Law|
|ADR Law: Commercial Real Estate, Environmental & Construction|
|Real Estate Law: Commercial|
|Real Estate Law: Finance|
| Advisory Board Member|
| County: Cook|
| Litigator: Yes|
| Practice Description: |
Mr. Domanskis has represented corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and individuals in acquisitions, financings, litigation and general business planning for 40 years. He has had significant experience in real estate, including the financing and leasing of Chicago and New York City downtown and suburban office buildings and representation of developers and municipalities in zoning matters.
In 1977, Mr. Domanskis began his career as a Law Clerk to Judge Edwin A. Robson of the United States Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In 1979, Mr. Domanskis joined the law firm of Ross & Hardies as an associate and was named partner in the law firm in 1985. From March 1987 through December 1990, Mr. Domanskis was jointly associated with Ross & Hardies and with Intercounty Title Company of Illinois, a title insurance agent with real estate, financial, and credit reporting subsidiaries. In January 1991, Mr. Domanskis returned to the full time private practice of law with Ross & Hardies. In April 1994, Mr. Domanskis left his partnership at Ross & Hardies to become a partner with Shaw Gussis & Domanskis which became known as Shaw Gussis Domanskis Fishman & Glantz.
In April 2002, Mr. Domanskis joined in establishing Boodell & Domanskis, LLC, where he is a member.
Notable Cases and Results:
- Real Estate: Closed numerous commercial and residential real estate transactions for buyers and sellers; established and completed numerous real estate tax-free exchanges; prepared and negotiated real estate financings, re-financings, construction, and end loans of up to $350 million for commercial lenders and borrowers; prepared and negotiated numerous commercial and retail leases for landlords and tenants in downtown and suburban Chicago markets; litigated real estate partnership, mechanics lien, zoning, title insurance, construction, mortgage foreclosure, and condemnation cases; managed a title insurance claim department; and managed a 30 person mortgage credit reporting company.
- Zoning, Land Use and Municipal: Handled various re-zonings and annexations before the City of Chicago and Cook County Boards and Committees, Burr Ridge, Lemont, Glenview, and Oak Forest, including a planned unit development rezoning of a 230 acre parcel in Lemont from inception through the entry of a consent decree in the Circuit Court of Cook County; prepared various opinion letters and counselled municipal officers for Northbrook, Mount Prospect, and Barrington Hills.
- Corporate: Formerly Corporate Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and Member of Board of Directors of Intercounty Title Company of Illinois, various subsidiaries and related corporations; negotiated and prepared documentation for numerous business agreements and purchases and sales of businesses.
- Trust and Estates: Formerly General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Member of the Board of Directors, and liaison with the Illinois Commissioner of Banks and Trust Companies for Independent Trust Corporation; court appointed trustee to distribute $200 million Folding Carton Antitrust settlement fund; trust and estate planning for family businesses and individuals.
- Dispute Resolution: Litigated numerous temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunction proceedings and litigated various commercial, real estate, and product liability disputes; litigated and mediated family shareholder, libel, and employee termination disputes; arbitrated various commercial disputes since 1986.
United States Supreme Court
Bar of the United States Supreme Court
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Bar of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Year of Birth: 1952
Additional languages spoken: Lithuanian, Spanish
Law School: University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1977
Law School Honors/Involvement:
Cum laude; administrative editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform, for which he authored two articles; Campbell Competition Moot Court semi-finalist.
Undergraduate School: University of Michigan, B.A., history, 1973
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement: Magna cum laude
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating – AV Preeminent
- Illinois Super Lawyer® — Top 100: Real Estate
- Leading Lawyers, selected by peers in Closely & Privately Held Business Law, Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation Law, Real Estate Law: Commercial, and Real Estate Law: Finance; Advisory Board
Attorney for various not for profits throughout the country.
Boodell & Domanskis, LLC was formed in 2002 by Thomas J. Boodell, Jr. and Alexander R. Domanskis, two attorneys with a combined 90+ years of experience. B&D is a team passionately committed to clients and their success. We provide a range of services to businesses and individuals, including commercial loan negotiation, loan workouts, real estate transactions, commercial litigation, estate planning, corporate and compliance matters.
Map to Office:
Click here to view map